Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Zamalek Dorms

So I decided to live in the dorms for my first semester in Cairo. I hope it's going to be the easiest way to transition into living in Egypt. I plan on getting an apartment after this semester, because I can't do the whole "there are rules here" sort of thing. I did get to visit a new friends apartment with a group of people I met, and I'm super jealous of their living situation. Not going to lie, it makes me wish I didn't do the whole dorm thing.

The dorm really isn't that bad though. The dorm is located on an island in the Nile. It's also in one of the better areas of Cairo, and there are a lot of embassies here on the island. I have a roommate, but she hasn't shown up yet. Here are some pics of the room...

Photobucket 

Photobucket


Here are some pictures of the view outside my window..


Photobucket
Photobucket
The picture above is a church right across the street.  Tonight here there was a very loud, very awesome wedding! The RA for our floor and I made a promise to crash the next wedding that happens there.

The picture below is the view immediately out of my window. It's a playground or a daycare. I haven't found out which one yet.


Photobucket

This a building on our block. I just thought it looked awesome. I love when plants grow on buildings!

Photobucket  

So far I'm really loving Cairo. I think the city would have really been harder to adapt to if I hadn't lived in China. Today was our first day of orientation at AUC so I didn't get to do much, except for fall asleep during the orientation. Straight up.. it was boring and I was jet lagged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment